St Vincent de Paul Shopping Assistant
This ongoing position provides an opportunity to directly interact with their clients as you assist them in making their food selections.
- Arrive 30 minutes prior to opening
- Sign in and put on a SVdP vest or apron and a nametag
- Gather after prayer by the food bulletin board for the updates on products and quantities that can be distributed that time
- After the clients have checked in with the greeter, a ticket is printed in the back for a shopping assistant to pick up
- Call out the person's name to go shopping
- Use the client ticket to determine the number of family members to be served
- Assist the client in making meat and dairy choices from the bulletin board
- Health Department regulations dictate that clients may not touch food located in the green refrigerator, freezers, or coolers. The shopping assistant will retrieve these items for the client
- Politely and gently move clients through the food aisles. Ten to fifteen minutes should be sufficient time to complete shopping while keeping traffic flowing
- Shopping assistants may assist clients to their vehicle to unload groceries.
- Shopping assistants MUST remain with their client until the client leaves the pantry
- Shopping assistants may experience variations in their shift endings because of late truck arrivals or a large number of clients to be served.
- After your shift, please remain 15-30 minutes to help prepare for the next day.
- If you have any questions please contact the Pantry Daily Supervisor or the Pantry Manager, Chris Martinez at (252 433-8442
If you are interested please fill out this form, Shopping Assistant Form, and drop it off at St. Vincent de Paul's.
Please contact Ernesto at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information to get involved!